Questions to Ask When Booking Your Wedding Photographer
Choosing a photographer for your wedding means choosing one of the most important vendors for your day as well as the person who you’re going to see more on your wedding day than your mom, your coordinator, maid of honor, or your new spouse. That being said, PLEASE don’t book your photographer without getting to chat with them face to face, whether in person or on a FaceTime call.
When you’re on that call, the photographer should be giving you tons of info and a comprehensive idea of what to expect from their services. To make sure you hire a photographer that’s truly the best fit for you, we created a list of questions to ask:
1. Is there a limit to the number of photos I get?
2. Do I have to order prints or can I print them on my own?
3. Do you charge over time?
4. Do you have travel fees?
5. Are taxes included in your pricing guide?
6. Do you include a complimentary engagement session?
7. Do you include a second shooter?
8. Do you offer payment plans? Do they have interest?
9. How much is the retainer fee?
10. What kind of gear do you use? (you might not know what it means but their confidence kinda answers the question on if it’s quality equipment or not)
11. How do you keep my photos safe? (they NEED to tell you that they back them up in multiple places until at least until after they send you the final gallery)
12. How would you describe your editing style?
13. Can I see some examples of full wedding galleries you’ve sent to previous clients?
14. Do I get a preview gallery soon after my wedding?
15. What is your turn around time for my final edited gallery?
16. Is there anything non-photography related in your contract I should be aware before booking?
We hope this helps you to make the best decision for you! We know that we’re not the right photo and video team for everyone and so we want you to feel educated and well-equipped to be able to make this really important decision for your day!
Anything we missed? Tell us in the comments!
Interested in working with us? Head to the CONTACT page to send a formal inquiry and we will set up a call with you to talk through allll these fun details!